Sunday, April 01, 2007

Checking in

Just to let you all know I'm still alive! (ok, and to prod Eclair a little).

Plans are progessing - unfortunately I have to move out of my flat this weekend, but since I have to be in Wellington this weekend I am actually moving out tomorrow and taking the afternoon off work. I am now finishing work a couple of weeks earlier than planned, too, so I'll be finishing at the end of next week. That gives me a bit more time to sort things out, and the first week my mum will be on holiday so we can spend some time together.

This weekend I am heading up to Wellington on Thursday night for the NZ Pacific Salsa Congress. One of the dance troupes I am in is performing so that will be exciting. I'm also going to be doing heaps of workshops and partying into the night! I'm still in Welly on Monday so will hopefully catch up with some friends then. Then back Monday night. On Tuesday (which is Lawyers Day so I have the day off) I'm going to go and stay with one of the teachers from Mum's school, who has a spare room, so I can stay in Christchurch. Mum and Dad just live too far away and their internet's crap - not good when I am trying to organise stuff for my trip!

So as you can imagine, life has been a bit hectic and stressful! I finally picked up my knitting again a couple of weeks ago, which definitely helped with the stress. But I made a mistake and had to rip back heaps, so I've hardly made any progress. Hopefully I will have some time soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you again. It sounds like you're fitting an awful lot in before you get on that plane!

Are you all packed now then? Any more-definite plans about where you are going in the UK and what you are doing when you get there?

Don't miss the Lake District in spring! Wisley will do as an alternative if you can't get out of London. And there are so many places to see. Oh, how I miss travelling and discovering new places...

You'd think having made it all the way to New Zealand I'd get the chance to go further than Auckland... no such luck yet

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home