Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sizzle 2!


Made from Naturally Me, a New Zealand-made 80% merino, 20% cashmere blend. Don't you wish you could feel this? At $NZ14.95 per ball I think it's a bit cheaper than other similar blends available. It's made up of lots of individual plys quite tightly spun, but eminently soft. The end result is a little fuzzy so I'm not sure if it would be good for cables. If you didn't want to spend a lot of money (Sizzle took 6 balls, so it cost $90) it would make an excellent hat yarn. I thoroughly recommend it.

The second time knitting Sizzle did take me a bit longer, but I think that was more due to other things in my life. The pattern was still as enjoyable and fast (if you don't count all the time I wasn't knitting) to knit. And with the clever shaping, Sizzle fits perfectly. So if you haven't knit it yet, go on over to Knit and Tonic and get yourself the pattern! I am eagerly awaiting Wendy's book.... I also have plans to knit Le Slouch before I leave.

I made the second size this time because I made it to wear over a shirt as you can see in the photo. It's snuggly warm and soft, fits like a dream and I'm very happy with it!

Oh, and I finished it in time to wear it on my last day at work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[...] Don't you wish you could
feel this?


oh yes, especially with you inside :)

Marcel

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks lovely! How much longer do you have to go before traipsing off around the globe?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home