Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Prego!

Dinner was delicious and now I am very full! I had pizza bread, pasta, gelato, and to drink a glass of Montepulciano and a long black (I've started drinking coffee again - I have no idea how I lasted so long in the legal world without it). And yes, I did catch my mother trying to negotiate my dowry with the owner. He has three sons and was quite disappointed that mum only has one daughter. I honestly don't know how she does it. An Indian amma's got nothing on my mother.

Krn, no, thank goodness, she has not discovered eBay! And we like to keep it that way. My Dad is the online auction nut of the family - for example, he recently bought four pairs of binoculars. Why I'm not quite sure, he still had only two eyes the last time I checked!

One sleeve to go on the Secret Sweater! Are you all on the edges of your seats? It was so easy I've set myself another challenge: one MORE sweater by the end of winter!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say anything - I have a B-cup fencing chest protector, for reasons I can't quite recall. I think had gotten carried away just a teeny bit.

As for the dowry - shouldn't they be paying her, rather than the other way round? After all, you can cook, sew, dance, have the whole pretty/red hair thing going; sounds like you need to take a hand in the negotiations.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home