Tuesday, August 08, 2006

And then

there are little things that happen to just make your day!

I just got this email from my boss:

The partners would like to offer everyone the chance to see one of the excellent films in the Film Festival during work time and paid for by the firm.

ROCK!

I sort of mentioned to one of the partners yesterday that I really wanted to go to a film, but given my schedule and complete lack of money I wouldn't be able to. And why don't we just all go during work time instead?

Sometimes, I love my job.

Also, turns out Laurie aka Crazy Aunt Purl read my post yesterday - the woman has eyes everywhere, I swear!

Oh and Nicole, you are wrong, due to budgetary constraints I am using mainly stash yarn for the current project (although I was a couple of balls short so had to buy a little more), and I don't think there's any way I could finish Starsky before the end of winter anyway! There's a clue - what do I have in my stash? - and here's another: it's not a project I've mentioned on this blog before.

Things that do not make my day - let me relate the hilarious conversation I had with my mother the other day (paraphrased):

Mum: So how would you like to go out with a 27 year old surf lifesaver?
Me: Surf lifesaver?
Mum: He does a bit of that but I don't think he has a regular job or anything. He's the son of one of my colleagues, she was telling me about him the other day. He still lives with her and she really wants him to move out, but he doesn't seem to want to.
Me: Gee Mum, he sounds like such a catch! When can I meet him?

3 Comments:

Blogger Familia HP said...

I am going through a stash-busting phase myself. This has resulted in a few striped items, but from your clue I am guessing your sweater is not striped. I will just have to wait and see.

re: guy who lives at home. Has the movie Failure to Launch come to Australia?

9:45 PM  
Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

LOL! Interesting conversation with your mum!!!

haha.. yeah .. the exact plot of Failure to Launch! Let's hope the surfer is as smashing as Matthew McConaughey!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the upside, at least Blogger allows named random commenters.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home