Friday, June 30, 2006

Fridays

It's been a tough week. Not work-wise, as I haven't had too much on. I've had some really interesting work come in actually, from one of the partners I haven't really worked for before. I've managed to impress her so hopefully it will keep coming. Although, I have been a little low-motivation at work lately. Hopefully the new and interesting work will change that.

What I find really hard though is finishing work every night at 6, or after most nights, and then having to go out again. Usually I have at least one night at home a week, but this week I haven't had any. I've been very very tired. Also, cold.

Last night I got home from teaching a dance class and it was raining. I thought "great! I won't have to defrost my car tomorrow morning!" I was right. However, I got to my car this morning and one of the windows had been smashed in. Glass everywhere. What with the tiredness and general malaise, I just about had a meltdown. Thankfully Mum came to the rescue and we took it to the glass place and then Mum dropped me off at work, only 1 1/2 hours late... Thankfully they had a window in stock, so then I had to leave work early to pick it up. I came back intending to do more work (my billable units are at an all time low today!) but ended up drinking instead. I've had 1 1/2 glasses of wine and feel SO drunk.

They did a fantastic job on the car though. There's not a trace of glass left, hurrah! I'm very relieved and feeling better.

ALSO I met a friend for lunch today and sat OUTSIDE and it wasn't too cold and the sun even came out for a few seconds to recharge our batteries.

AND I am going away this weekend! It was doubtful for a while because the house we booked had frozen water pipes, but now we've secured another house so it's all on.

"We" is me and a couple of guys from my salsa class. There will also be 6 other people in the house who I don't know! The house is in Hanmer Springs, a little mountain resort with great thermal pools, and there will also be salsa dancers from around the South Island congregating there this weekend. Much dancing will be done! As well as relaxing, playing in the snow, hot pooling, etc etc.

Now, I must run and meet the same friend for dinner! It's nice having someone who likes the same food as me! And who is easily persuaded!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I thought of you the other day. I have a little clock on my desk that has buttons for all the major time zones. It's come in handy b/c I work w/ people all over the world. I was bored the other day and was pressing buttons to see what time it was everywhere. For some of the zones, the season also popped up.

You'll be glad to know that it's SUMMER in Sydney right now. My clock says so.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it was kool-aid dyed. pink lemonade, watermelon-cherry, black cherry, & grape. I found directions online for how to make stripes (basically you make a REALLY LONG skein, mine had a ~50 foot circumference, & dye sections of that skein) & jumped in with both feet.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home