Monday, June 26, 2006

Project queue

I have finished the vest, although it turned out a little shorter than expected so I'm tossing up picking up stitches around the bottom and making the ribbing a bit longer. No photo sorry as my camera's out of batteries, and I haven't seen my charger since I last moved!

The elephant is progressing nicely and I'll probably finish tonight or tomorrow. For once the book didn't lie - it's a nice, quick project, possibly even shorter than the 6-8 hours the book says. It's taken about 3 so far I think and I've done the arms, legs and body. Head, trunk, ears and kerchief to go!

I also did another pair of baby booties in the weekend. Sadly there will be no photo as I've given them away already. Gosh I've been a knitting factory lately!

So the question is, what do I do now? I have a mini-Clapotis that I've done about a third of, so I should do some more of that, but I think I need another project on the go to mix it up a little. I'm going to work with what I've got here, which is:

  • 10 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a lovely green colour. I was thinking maybe the Fad Classic vest, but that would only use about half of the yarn, so maybe I should do something bigger? Any ideas? Or maybe I should do the vest and swap the leftovers... I already got the yarn in a swap!
  • 8 balls of Rare Yarns Coccoon (alpaca/merino) in a natural dark brown (no dye!). This is slated for the Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (which is turning out to be my most-used book so far). This was given to my mother to knit but I've now confiscated it back after several months with no progress! I would like to get it done this winter.
  • Two balls of a nice blue, heathered sock yarn which was going to be the Erte Cloche but I've gone off that project now. Dare I say, I might actually be considering knitting socks with it! This is your chance, dear readers, to convert me into a sock knitter! I've never seen the attraction before but right now my feet are cold - recommend me a good pattern and we'll see from there.... (something with lace or cables would be nice I think)

That's not the extent of the stash but I'll review the rest after I've gotten those three items out of the way - by then it should be time to think about spring knitting!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can use the toe-up sock pattern by Wendy (a quick google search will get you the link) & just do cables or lace on the leg part.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Knit Spot* said...

Oh no! Don't convert to a sock knitter!! We non-sock knitters need to stick together! LOL! I think I may create a button - "Say no to Socks"
OK, I'm in a silly mood today - have fun whatever you decide to knit!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

Hehe, I like it!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home