Sunday, June 18, 2006

babies = cute knitting

Our first work baby (ie baby due to someone at work) is due today (maybe he's been born already - let's hope so!) so I took one ball of the "cashmere luxury yarn" Girl Gone Mod sent me and whipped up this little hat and bootie set. It's wonderfully soft and everyone knows how much I like green! I hope it suits the baby and I really hope it all fits. I love baby clothes, they're so quick.



This little guy's going to be well kitted out - he is already the recipient of the denim pants from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I wanted to knit something that would fit right after he was born though. The pants will be great when it's a bit warmer outside.



The weather's still horrendous - no wonder he hasn't been so keen to come out so far! I went out to Mum and Dad's on Friday night and this was their lawn, five days after it snowed. And it's due to snow again tonight.


As for other knitting, I think I mentioned the vest I started in the merino/cashmere blend. I'm still in love with the yarn, it's behaving beautifully and even though I'm completely winging it, the vest's not turning out too badly. In hindsight I think I would probably choose a cheaper yarn for any future ad-libbing, but we'll just see how it turns out. No photo, it just looks like a black blob currently and therefore wouldn't photograph very well at all! I'm up to about the waist. I've been doing some shaping as I go, so I think I'll knit straight for a few rows and then start increasing for the bust. And I think I've worked out what I'm doing with the neckline, so yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat/booties look so gorgeous! And soft! Awwww :) You'll be the office Aunty Sarah! :)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Knit Spot* said...

Hi Sarah - thanks for stopping by and letting me know about your new blog and the TOO CUTE hat and booties!! Glad the yarn came in handy!

Also thanks for the pics of the SNOW! It's warm and humid here in New York and I already miss the winter - seeing the snow was very refreshing :)

Stay well, I'll keep checking back.
-Valerie

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home