Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lace leaf vital stats




Pattern: Lace leaf pullover, from Loop d Loop, by Teva Durham.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran in Moss, double stranded, 11 balls. I find it incredibly soft and squooshy, and luckily even though it's double stranded it's not too horribly warm - must be the acrylic content. I think it will probably pill lots though - we shall see. Also, because it's so smooth, it's very hard to keep those ends woven in!

Time taken to knit: 1 1/2 weeks - that's a sweater record!

Pattern mods: None, although to get gauge I needed 10mm needles (the pattern calls for 9mm).

Comments: I enjoyed knitting this and the finished product will probably get lots of use as a "mooching around" type sweater. Being a "boxy" type design it doesn't actually fit me that well as I am your classic hourglass shape. It looks ok from the front (although has a tendency to bunch above my bust) but is very very roomy in the back. As I said, mooching!

More photos to come after I get home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Familia HP said...

I have always loved that pattern. Lovely job. I can tell you from experience that DB Cashmerino does get kind of pilly.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home