Monday, September 11, 2006

Freaky Tuesday!

Am I the *only* person who didn't hear or feel the explosion?

My mum called a few minutes ago to say "are you ok?" Apparently there was some huge explosion that shook her whole school, so that everyone ran outside to see what it was (or what the kids had been up to!). Then Dad called and he'd felt and heard it over the other side of town too. Unfortunately my building is earthquake-proof and double-glazed, and I was in the toilet at the time anyway. No one here felt it!

Anyway, for a second I was like "Christchurch? They wouldn't..... would they?" I know, silly huh? What a thing to happen on the anniversary of September 11 though!

(turns out it's probably space junk, but emergency services have been sent to investigate)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Skirt said...

That was the meteor, I'm guessing?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home